Saturday, May 24, 2008

My walk through "The Valley"

Lately, I really have felt like I was in a Psalm, walking through the valley of a bad friendship. I've been overwhelmed with negative emotions more than I care to mention, and I have been very afraid of those emotions; I truly felt like I was walking blindly in the darkness. What do you do when you don't love a person anymore; do friends "break-up?" I mean, does somebody make it official or do you just stop talking and let your relationship fizzle? People keep saying we'll get over it, but when is history not enough to make a friendship? Is there a limit to the amount of times a person can treat you like crap... for no reason (cuz, I guss in my mind, if you have a reason it's somehow different.)
I've been wandering in confusion, asking myself those questions over and over again. I don't know why it took me so long to realize I'm not the one who can answer those questions.
PRAY. Who better than the Lord to bring some clarity to my life. I won't say I have an answer to any of my questions, but I do have some peace, which is what I really needed. I'm neither angry nor sad, just peaceful. I now that the only thing I can do is trust that a higher power can lead me in the direction I need to go. Whether I'll come out of this with a friendship, I can't say, but I'm not afraid of what's happening
p.s. I'm still open to advice *smile*

No comments:

Post a Comment