I keep trying to tell everybody that we need to do more for our environment, but they say actions speak louder than words, sooo..... here are some green life changes I've made.
*I recycle EVERYTHING!! Honestly, my laundry area looks like a recycling center.
*I buy toilet tissue and paper towels made from recycled materials.
*I've started taking "Navy" showers ( get wet, turn the water off while you wash, then turn the water back on to rinse off.
*Also, I've never been one for long showers; if it's even ten minutes I've been in the shower way too long.
*I unplug all appliances that aren't in use. Obviously not the fridge, but the microwave, radio, t.v.'s, ANYTHING not in use. Some people don't realize if it's plugged in it's using power.
*This may gross some out, but I heard a motto and I ran with it:--- If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down--- yes, we're talking about the toilet :-) and we're saving water.
*I've always been a light flicker-- if it's on and no one is in the room, I HAVE to turn it off. I can't stand random lights on.
*I buy organic goods.
~~~*Last but not Least*~~~
*I share everything I learn and all the changes I've made with as many people I can.
GO GREEN*
poverty of spirit
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment