What is fairness?? I mean, if there is somebody out there deciding what's fair, can it really be fair to everyone? The more that I experience in life, the more I believe the answer is no. As a matter of fact, very few things are fair; I believe it more and more every time I see a Michael Moore documentary. I mean, recession aside, we live in one the wealthiest, most modern and technologically advanced countries in the world; why are there people starving... or homeless... or poor. It amazes me that I live in a world where people can buy dining room tables with diamonds set in the wood, but nobody has anything but contempt for the homeless man on the corner. In Atlanta, we don't hear about the homeless until it's an extremely cold winter and somebody has frozen to death.
For the past few weeks the news has been dominated by A-Rod and his steroid use... excuse my language, but who really gives a FUCK about another baseball player taking another drug when people are poor and jobless?!?! We gave $30 million (and by we I mean people lucky enough to have a job and pay taxes) to car companies that DESTROYED several American cities, and over $700 billion to banks that mismanaged their own money, but we complain about giving a woman food stamps to feed her family. WHAT IS WRONG WITH AMERICANS?? When did it stop being about the dream and start being about who we can screw to make a buck?? Why don't we want to help the people that are struggling; wouldn't you want someone to have your best interest in mind if you were going through one of life's many hardships??
People always say life isn't fair, but I know better, and I'm surprised no on e else has come to this conclusion
poverty of spirit
13 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment